A few weeks ago, I added my original NFT system that I built at home. I plumbed it all in to my existing IBC sump and tapped my water pump to send some of that good fish water thru it.
Well basically, when i was transporting the system to the shop, i broke the drain on it and it honestly has never flowed correctly and when it stops flowing on the drain, the water runs out of the planting holes and onto the for, thus wasting good water and putting my fish in danger of being pumped dry. I was luck that my tenant called me and said it had water running out and I was able to get over there in 10 min to shut it down.
I moved the 15 or so starts over to the 4×4 grow bed to keep them rolling. A good note is that the roots were really starting to roll on a few of them…the water is juiced for sure and the lettuce loves it.